What is DRMA?
The Disaster Relief Medicaid Act:
• Provides uninterrupted access to Medicaid services when recipients must evacuate across state lines, increasing health maintenance and community living and preventing institutionalization during disasters.
• Helps states meet the needs of Relief-Eligible Survivors through a limited time one hundred percent federal match for displaced individuals,
• Provides technical assistance and support to develop innovative state strategies to respond to an influx of out-of-state individuals.
• Creates a grant to help states develop an emergency response corps to provide home and community-based services.
• Guarantees that a 100 percent federal matching payment for medical assistance is provided to states in disaster areas.