Take Action Now!
Here are some ways you and your organization can take action today to support people with disabilities and older adults in disasters via REAADI & DRM.
If you’re an organization, check out our page Organizational Advocacy for additional ways to help build political support.
Get REAADI for Action: Sign up for updates
- Our online press conference on REAADI & DRM
- REAADI & DRM Updates
- Our weekly newsletter for information on inclusive disaster planning
Ask your Representatives to Cosponsor REAADI & DRM
- Find your Senator’s contact information here
- Enter your zipcode to find your House Representative and follow contact information on their website.
- If you call a Senator or Representative, here’s a sample script you can use.
Templates for emails:
You can use our template and strengthen it with your own message!
- Templates to send to your Senators (REAADI Template) (DRM Template)
- Templates to send to your Representatives (REAADI Template) (DRMA Template)
- You can include a one page document describing the need of DRMA and its key features: DRMA_ Leave Behind.
- You can also include a one page document describing the need for REAADI: REAADI Leave Behind
If you are going to meet or email your representative, consider sharing:
- Senator Casey’s REAADI one page summary and DRM One Page Summary.
- You can also share the Partnership’s one page “Leave Behinds” explaining the needs for REAADI and DRMA.
Post a message asking your representatives to sponsor REAADI & DRMA:
- I support #disaster impacted people with disabilities and older adults. (Tag your representatives) Will you sponsor #REAADI & #DisasterReliefMedicaid? @disasterREAADI @DisasterStra
Post messages of support for REAADI.
- Here’s a social media tool kit with prepared messaging to get you started and your creative juices going.
Post messages thanking representatives for sponsoring REAADI & DRMA
- Senator Casey and Senator Collins for introducing REAADI & DRMA in the Senate:
- Thank you @SenCasey @SenatorCollins for supporting the rights of people with disabilities and older adults who are disproportionately impacted by #disasters. #GetREAADI
- Senator Casey and Representative Shalala for introducing DRMA in the House of Representatives.
- Thank you @SenCasey & @RepShalala for championing #DRMA Your leadership enables disaster evacuees to keep their Medicaid services and is critical for people with #disabilities and older adults to maintain health and independence! #MedicaidFollowsThePerson @DisasterREAADI #Disasters
- Representatives Jim Langevin and Chris Smith for introducing REAADI into the House of REpresentatives
- Thank you @JimLangevin and @RepChrisSmith for championing #REAADI in the House & supporting #disability rights to access all emergency planning and #Disaster services! #REAADI
Find more social media messaging and tools on our Social Media Tool Kit.
Plan a Party!
Start planning a watch party for our online press conference!
- We encourage poster-making about why REAADI and DRM are important to you.
- If you have a party, be sure to take photos and videos and tag us. We’d love to share your festive support!
Amplify Disaster Inclusive Messaging
Follow and share our Social Media posts- and our partners- to amplify our messages and get the word out!
REAADI Social Media:
The Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies Social Media:
The National Council on Independent Living’s Social Media
American Association of People with Disabilities’ Social Media
Get Involved: Join a Partnership Stakeholder Call
Phone conferences on Tuesdays at 3:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
For accessibility requests: Jessica@disasterstrategies.org