REAADI for Disasters Act & DRMA
The Real Emergency Access for Aging and Disability Inclusion for Disasters Act (REAADI) and The Disaster Relief Medicaid Act (DRMA) will work together to provide solutions that help individuals maintain their health, safety, and independence before, during, and after disasters.
- Modifies and expands the National Advisory Committee on Individuals with Disabilities and Disasters (NACIDD) to ensure that it accurately reflects the diverse characteristics of the disability community.z
- Creates a network of centers focused on training and technical assistance, as well as research, to help state and local governments better involve and support people with disabilities and older adults during and after times of disasters.
- Requires the Department of Justice to examine the extent to which the civil rights of people with disabilities and older adults are upheld during and after disasters.
- Ensure Medicaid services and supports are available for individuals forced to relocate to another state as a result of a disaster or emergency, and create a simplified application and approval process to speed the availability of Medicaid services to relief-eligible survivors.
- Provide technical assistance and support to develop innovative state strategies to respond to an influx of out-of-state individuals due to a disaster and permits states to utilize out-of-state providers in order to help meet that demand.
- Creates a grant to help states develop an emergency response corps to provide home and community-based services to Relief-Eligible Survivors.